About the position
The postdoctoral fellowship position is a short-term position the place the most important goal is to qualify for get the job done in senior tutorial positions.
The place will be in collaboration with a team of quite lively PhD students, previously incorporating yet another postdoc. You will have the celebration to operate on fascinating theoretical work in the context of Design Predictive Management and Data-based mostly Learning, and to approach thrilling apps these as cellular robotics, intelligent structures, and electricity storage. Collaborations inside the division, with other departments and overseas will be encouraged.
The applicant chosen for this place will have the probability to work intently with the PhD learners, establish supervision and management competencies, and develop the competencies vital for an tutorial vocation.
Your instant chief will be Prof. Sebastien Gros, Head of Office.
Duties of the situation
- Carry out fantastic and independent analysis on the matters connected to the situation
- Publish in top rated-rating journals and conferences
- Support supervising the investigation team exactly where this position will be hosted
- Aid acquiring investigate proposals
- Help running the collaboration with the organizations husband or wife of the study projects carried out in the group
- Assistance supervising MSc students
Required selection criteria
- You need to have completed a Norwegian doctoral degree or corresponding foreign doctoral diploma identified as equivalent to a Norwegian PhD in a matter strongly relevant to Design Predictive Regulate (MPC). If you can doc that the PhD thesis has been submitted, your software can be assessed even if you have not nevertheless defended your dissertation. Documentation of the acquired doctoral diploma ought to be offered before you can get up the position.
- Abilities in MPC and optimal manage.
- Solid and broad abilities in arithmetic (process dynamics, studies, optimization, Markov Final decision System).
The appointment is to be made in accordance with Regulations on conditions of work for positions these kinds of as postdoctoral fellow, Ph.D Candidate, investigation assistant and expert applicant.
Most popular collection conditions
- Understanding about wise setting up, intelligent grid difficulties
- Understanding in or working experience with Reinforcement Finding out / Equipment Studying
- Python programming
- Practical experience with supervising MSc students
- Great prepared and oral English and Norwegian language skills
- Superior at creating personal interactions
Emphasis will be placed on particular and interpersonal attributes.
Wage and disorders
As a Postdoctoral Fellow (code 1352) you are ordinarily paid out from gross NOK 563 500 for each annum right before tax, depending on skills and seniority. From the wage, 2% is deducted as a contribution to the Norwegian Public Support Pension Fund.
The period of work is 3 decades.
The engagement is to be made in accordance with the rules in force concerning State Staff members and Civil Servants, and the functions relating to Handle of the Export of Strategic Merchandise, Products and services and Technologies. Candidates who by assessment of the application and attachment are found to conflict with the conditions in the latter law will be prohibited from recruitment to NTNU.
Following the appointment you will have to think that there may be adjustments in the region of function.
It is a prerequisite you can be present at and accessible to the establishment on a every day basis.
About the application
The application and supporting documentation to be made use of as the basis for the assessment should be in English.
Publications and other scientific function ought to adhere to the application. Make sure you take note that your application will be considered based entirely on information submitted by the software deadline. You ought to thus be certain that your application evidently demonstrates how your expertise and practical experience fulfil the standards specified earlier mentioned.
If, for any cause, you have taken a profession break or have had an atypical profession and would like to disclose this in your application, the selection committee will acquire this into account, recognizing that the quantity of your exploration may well be lessened as a consequence.
The software must include
- CV and certificates.
- Transcripts and diplomas for bachelor’s-, master’s- and PhD degrees. If you have not yet completed your PhD, you should offer confirmation on your estimated date for the doctoral dissertation, or that your PhD thesis has been submitted.
- A copy of the doctoral thesis. If you are near to submitting, or have not too long ago submitted your thesis, you can attach a draft of the thesis. Documentation of a done doctoral diploma should be introduced before using up the placement.
- Tutorial operates – printed or unpublished – that you would like to be regarded as in the evaluation (up to 10 things).
- Name and get hold of data of three referees.
If all, or pieces, of your schooling has been taken abroad, we also check with you to attach documentation of the scope and excellent of your total schooling. Description of the documentation necessary can be found here. If you now have a assertion from NOKUT, please attach this as nicely.
Joint operates will be regarded. If it is hard to identify your contribution to joint performs, you have to attach a transient description of your participation.
In the analysis of which prospect is finest qualified, emphasis will be put on schooling, experience and own and interpersonal qualities. Motivation, ambitions, and opportunity will also count in the evaluation of the candidates.
NTNU is dedicated to pursuing analysis standards for research excellent according to The San Francisco Declaration on Investigate Assessment – DORA.
Doing the job at NTNU
NTNU believes that inclusion and variety is a toughness. We want our school and staff members to reflect Norway’s culturally diverse population and we continually seek to employ the ideal minds. This allows NTNU to maximize productivity and innovation, enhance decision building procedures, elevate staff pleasure, contend academically with world major-position establishments and have out our social obligations within just training and research. NTNU emphasizes accessibility and encourages competent candidates to utilize regardless of gender identity, capacity standing, durations of unemployment or ethnic and cultural background.
NTNU is functioning actively to maximize the amount of females used in scientific positions and has a number of resources to advertise equality.
The town of Trondheim is a modern day European town with a rich cultural scene. Trondheim is the innovation capital of Norway with a inhabitants of 200,000. The Norwegian welfare state, which include healthcare, colleges, kindergartens and all round equality, is almost certainly the most effective of its variety in the planet. Specialist sponsored day-care for kids is simply out there. Also, Trondheim presents fantastic opportunities for training (which include worldwide schools) and opportunities to appreciate character, culture and loved ones everyday living and has lower crime prices and clean air quality.
As an employee at NTNU, you must at all times adhere to the adjustments that the development in the subject matter involves and the organizational improvements that are adopted.
A general public checklist of applicants with title, age, occupation title and municipality of home is ready following the software deadline. If you want to reserve you from entry on the public applicant listing, this will have to be justified. Evaluation will be made in accordance with current laws. You will be notified if the reservation is not accepted.
If you have any queries about the position, please get in touch with Sebastien Gros ([email protected]).
If you imagine this seems to be interesting and in line with your skills, be sure to post your application electronically by way of jobbnorge.no with your CV, diplomas and certificates hooked up. Applications submitted in other places will not be deemed. Upon request, you should be able to obtain licensed copies of your documentation.
Software deadline: 31.08.22
NTNU – information for a far better earth
The Norwegian University of Science and Technologies (NTNU) generates know-how for a superior planet and solutions that can adjust each day existence.
Department of Engineering Cybernetics (ITK)
Engineering cybernetics is the research of automatic handle and checking of dynamic units. We create the technologies of tomorrow via close cooperation with market and academia, the two in Norway and internationally. The Division contributes to the digitalization, automation and robotization of culture. The Department of Engineering Cybernetics is one of seven departments in the Faculty of Information Engineering and Electrical Engineering.
Deadline 31st August 2022
Employer NTNU – Norwegian College of Science and Technologies
Position of services Campus Gløshaugen